The Scientific Study Day titled “Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases and Pregnancy”, shall be held, for the second consecutive year, on Saturday 7 May 2016 at 08:00 am, in the Events Hall of IASO Clinic (37-39 Kifissias Avenue, Maroussi). The Study Day is organized by IASO’s Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases and Pregnancy Clinic and IASO General’s Department of Rheumatology.
The aim of the Study Day is the information of both the patients and the physicians that procreation for male and female patients suffering from an autoimmune rheumatic disease is feasible. The key conditions are: a) appropriate planning prior to conception, b) monitoring during pregnancy and c) cooperation within a team of physicians (primarily between a Rheumatologist and a Gynecologist, but also among other medical specialties, as appropriate).
The act of organizing Study Days of this kind aims to raise medical and public awareness, while stressing the need for cooperation among physicians and always in a man-centered way!
The event shall host renowned speakers of various medical specialties who are highly interested in the subject.
The subjects to be discussed at the Study Day are:
- Clinical anatomy of the female reproductive system and the perineum
- Hormones and autoimmune diseases
- Fertility and autoimmune diseases
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) and autoimmune diseases
- Pregnancy-associated transient osteoporosis
- Immune-related miscarriages
- Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) management
- Nephritic syndrome and miscarriages
- Therapeutic management of autoimmune diseases in pregnancy
- Neonatal lupus (Pre- and post-neonatal manifestation)
Attendance and participation in the event are free of charge and all attendees shall receive their certificate of participation.
For more information, please contact Ms Mariza Kamilari, Division of Conferences & Events at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3949, E-mail: email@example.com
For more press information, please contact Ms Nancy Christopoulou, Department of Commercial Management at IASO Group, tel: +30 210 638 3917, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org