The 4th Scientific Study Day at IASO Children’s Hospital titled “Current Pediatric Issues” on Saturday 25 April 2015 held at the Aegli Zappiou under the auspices of the Hellenic Academy of Pediatrics was a huge success.
The large number of the attending pediatricians from all the hospitals located in the Greek territory and the speakers-clinicians, scientifically covered all interesting issues upon current Pediatrics and responded to queries of crucial importance.
The issues under discussion were:
- Case reports:
- Small intestine inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor mimicking acute appendicitis.
- Percutaneous closure of coronary arteriovenous communication with accompanying aneurysm in a 16-month-old infant.
- Percutaneous closure of patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) in a premature low birth weight neonate.
- Rapidly deteriorating supravalvar aortic stenosis (SVAS) with phenotype of Williams syndrome
- Prenatal diagnosis and radical surgical excision of a cardiac tumor in a neonate
- For pain and fever management in children
- For undescended testes (UDT)
- Vascular deformities
- Winter viral infections
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis; a diagnostic approach
- Complex cranio-facial disorders approach
- Foot conditions in children
- Bronchial asthma – prophylaxis
- Gastrointestinal disorders:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Laboratory confirmed celiac disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Anatomic renal abnormalities from infancy to adulthood
The Scientist responsible for the event, Dr. Panagiotis Lagos, Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of IASO Children’s Hospital Medical Services, commented on the investments made at IASO Children’s Hospital, at the Department of Emergencies and at the Outpatient Department as well on the new image of IASO Children’s Hospital by stating that: “At IASO Children’s Hospital, we are now bound by the phrase “For you want your child’s health to be in the best hands”, i.e. we care for what we hold most dear…which for all of us is the children’s health! And this is a very strong commitment which we serve to the best extent possible”
In addition, Mr Emmanouil Diakomanolis, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Athens, Chairman of IASO’s Scientific Board stated: “IASO Group takes pride in its Pediatric Clinic as this develops and grows with new departments and new scientific staff and, as a member of the Scientific Board, I can assure you that IASO continues to embrace revolutionary services and new scientific suggestions”.
Finally, Mr. Charalambos Mameletzis, 1st Vice-chairman of IASO’s BOD, thanked Dr. Panagiotis Lagos, Chief of IASO Children’s Hospital Medical Services and Chairman of the Study Day’s Organizing Committee as well as the entire medical, administrative and nursing staff at IASO Children’s Hospital, whose devotion in providing top quality medical services, evolved IASO Children’s Hospital and ranked it first among all pediatric hospitals throughout Greece”.